Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sanctuary Lady


Drivin' down the highway, man,
This rain is gettin' bad
I got ta get ta you
An' get back what I had
I've been up fo' hours
Through the thunder an'
The storm
Just keep on pushin'
To your bedroom safe an' warm
Sanctuary lady,
With your fire burnin' bright
Don' turn out the light!

When I was Hell-bound
I found Heaven in your eyes
I am a sinner, sure,
But now I realize
I've got ta get to you
And make you understand
Just got to reach you 'cause
I'm gonna be yo' man!
Sanctuary lady,
Wit' dat fire burnin' bright
Don't turn out the light!

Hey there, Mr. Lucky,
Can't you hear that music play?
Goldilocks has left you, yeah,
She seems so far away
Heart just like the Snow Queen
Yeah, she's frozen
Through and through
Trades her love for candy
That she got from cheating you
But Sanctuary Lady always
Knows just what ta do...
Sanctuary lady,
With your fire burnin' bright
Don't turn out the light

Don't turn out the light
I wanna see it when
I take you tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment