Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For a You of the Past


I crawled
My knees were bleeding cracks
Through miles and miles
Of broken glass
And thumbtacks
While frenzied hornets
Stung my back
For you
No one cut me any slack
I couldn't win
The deck was stacked
I crawled, baby,
There and back
For you

I hurt until I nearly died
Learned to swallow
All my pride
Kept it locked up
Deep inside
For you
Six million times I was denied
You laughed
And left me
As I cried
I begged
My love was bonified
For you

Adoring like some loving dog
My eyes were blinded
By the fog
Created by my captive heart
I worshipped you
You tore my world apart

And then I died a thousand deaths
Your words
Sharp daggers on your breath
They still return to haunt my fall
Your bootsteps clacking in the hall
(I dream I hear you in the wall)
Your keys are turning in the door
If you were here
I'd take some more
I'd bleed again
And squirm upon the floor
I'd take some more
I'd take some more
Much more
For you.

No comments:

Post a Comment