Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Jones Hotel


"I just can't help myself,"
She cried to me.
"These voices screamin'
In my head..."
"That bellhop
Looks like tombstones,
Yeah, he's scarin' me...
And,
See,
The desk-clerk's
Glassy eyes are dead."

"I need some service...
(Don't they see me here?)
They make me stand and
Ring this bell
They always keep me waitin'
For the key to Number 9...
The darkest room
Inside the Jones Hotel."

"There ain't no place for me
In Paradise...
God let the Devil weave
His captive spell
He throws his stones
Because he needs to
Shake my faith
And lock me deep
Inside the Jones Hotel
Forever lost
Inside the Jones Hotel."

"I'm not a bad girl,
No, my heart is true
A Cinderella
After midnight fell...
I tried my best
To do the dance
Until my time was through
But then I checked
Into the Jones Hotel."

"I think there was a boy
I loved one time...
But that was long ago
I wish him well
Memories are like families
They seldom will survive
Can't last long inside
The Jones Hotel."

"You look a lot like him,"
She smiled at me.
"My mom and dad
Thought he was swell...
I'd love to see him
One last time
And folks I knew back home
But no one ever leaves
The Jones Hotel...
Forever lost
Inside the Jones Hotel."

No comments:

Post a Comment