Thursday, January 22, 2009

Man is Not a Social Insect


Man is not a social insect
In this gated paradise
True
Some of us are spiders
But some of us are lice
My anemic faith is squandered
On diminished daily basis
I, Prometheus in bondage
Keep searching for oasis
We are forced
To carry numbers
Each one linked to
Our last names
I am not some social insect
This is not a
Cockroach train
Oasis?
Stasis.
The inquisitors
Dragged me screaming
To the dreaded
House of Mirrors
Where they crammed
The People's Justice
And imbued the
Light of Truth
Amidst the choral
Cheering jeerers
'Til I fell down
Completely blind...
I was "nourished"
By the slogans
As they brandished
Clever weapons
"We must ostracize the
Deviants we find..."
They jacked my mind,
My integrity
Misaligned.

We are allowed one healthy
Leash-long
Worth of wierd...
Tiny urban turf
Success is well-revered
But we
Are feared
Throughout this earth
We independent
Freedom thinkers
Social innovators
Enlightened souls
Young and old
We can't be crushed
Taken for granted
Our minds spun to mush
Ah, no
They fear our views
(However slanted)
Because they are THEM
They are the very ones
We need them there
For contrast
For us to know
The evil and the right
And where we cannot
Stand to go
We choose the darkness
Of the night
Can anyone please
Show me the way
Out of this paradise?
We are all
Bold
Metal preachers
We are all within the fold
Sparking cabbage into tungsten
And dilinquents into gold
And the End
Is our beginning
Yes, I was blind
But now I see:
I am NOT the same as you, and
You are not the same as me
Man is not a social insect
Leave the hive
And be set free

No comments:

Post a Comment