Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cove


How many times, love
Have we met in this bed
This cove of escape
Where we breathlessly fled
Where we conjured our magic
We were hungrily led
With obvious glances
Cheap, suggestive phrases
Off-color dances
Life and death risks
Provocative chances
And the deadliest kiss
Nightmares and pain
Triumphs
And failures
Losses and gains
You seduced me, you tart
I could never resist
But revenge can be sweet
I reduced you to tears
I tore you apart
You begged me for more
We did it for years
We settled the score
Yes
How many times
So tangled and spent
Did we go 'til it was gone
Then wonder where it went?
So many ways
So deft, (but with errors)
We ranged so very far
Yet never left these barriors
As I took you again
And again
In this bed
In the sun
And the shade
Under moon
Winter stars
We were mutual slaves
Carving each others' scars
One would think we'd be jaded
Or tired
Or bored
We keep feeding this beast
That cannot be ignored

No comments:

Post a Comment